We all know by now that sometimes life likes to throw some curveballs at us. Every day we are faced with tasks and challenges that can set us back in terms of achieving our goals. Some days we can overcome these challenges and tackle our goals without much effort, but on other days? Not so much.
Sometimes, however, the biggest hurdle standing in our way is ourselves. Getting out of our own way can be a whole challenge in itself because the reality is, we're human. Building up courage and motivation to tackle the day and take on its challenges can feel like a goal in and of itself.
We all know the feeling of being completely lazy and unmotivated to do even the simplest of tasks. Sometimes you just need a "me" day. When that "me" day is on a Sunday afternoon while the Pats are on, it's great! But when those feelings of lack of motivation and laziness set in on a Tuesday afternoon in the office, then it's a problem because it's interfering with your ability to accomplish what you need to do.
If you haven't read our blog on building productivity, I suggest you check that out first. However, if you're still finding that you need a little extra spark to get you going, I think we have something that can help. Whether you want to start a business, tackle a big project, get yourself to the gym, or even quit a bad habit, I think reading below will help! I find that motivational quotes actually hold a lot of weight- when they're truly inspirational, not cheesy.
Check out this list of 11 motivational quotes to get you feeling inspired and let us know what you think! If you have any favorites of your own you'd like to share, let us know in the comments below.
1. "I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, I can expect half-hearted results"
- Michael Jordan
2. "As for the future, it remains unwritten. Anything can happen, and often we are wrong. The best we can do with the future is prepare and savor the possibilities of what can be done in the present."
- Todd Kashdan
3. "The good life is a process, not a state of being"
- Carl Rogers
4. "For happy people, time is 'filled and planned.' For unhappy people time is unfilled, open and uncommitted; they postpone things and are inefficient."
- Michael Argyle
5. "If you plan to be anything less than you are capable of being, you will probably be unhappy all the days of your life."
- Abraham Maslow
6. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."
7. "Opportunities don't happen, you create them."
- Chris Grosser
8. "Start by doing what is necessary, then what is impossible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
- Francis of Assisi
9. "It is never too late to be what you might have been."
- George Eliot
10. "There is no passion to be found playing small- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
- Nelson Mandela
11. "If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on."
- Sheryl Sandberg